All of us write.
Among so many other reasons, we also write:
- To pacify confusing inner voices by bathing them in the silence that makes them legible again.
- To figure out what we stand for about an essential subject.
- To liberate imprisoned strengths that remain captive inside us and long to be made flesh in words.
- To sharpen the blade of critical reason and break the chaos for a harsh decision making.
- To decentre oneself and make two steps towards the unexpected.
- To give an obscure intuition the form of a diamond.
- To celebrate the unconceivable wonder of being.
- To remain aware of the uniqueness of life and how lucky we are to have been here once.
- To capture the fleeting movement that denounces the dwelling of a wild beauty in the hearts of humans.
- To decipher the ineffable footprint left by the loving presence of others.
And you, why do you write?