10th Day

6 Reasons for not having Comments on my Blog
1. You sound like a Press release
Hope not.
2. You sound like an infomercial
I don’t think I will.
3. You sound like a know-it-all
Not for the moment, as I am almost at zero level, but must revisit this item later.
4. You haven’t show them how
This was important to me; when I found those students’ blogs, all over the world, I understood that their teachers had underwent a step by step project with them, teaching one thing at a time, with method and calm. I intend to follow Miss W. tips and orientations.
5. You haven’t created the right atmosphere
I deeply appreciated this:
Questions are the lifeblood of conversation . They need to be a regular part of posts. For the moment, my posts in this blog were but dead archives, excepted some texts from students. On the other hand, I must be cautious with the kind of questions I put, for I have an immoderate tendency to formulate obscure questions.

6. You just don’t seem that into it

And there is the great answer:

Blogging is about passion and about sharing your excitement about a topic. It’s those posts that tend to generate conversation, not the ones where you’re going through the motions.

I surely didn’t do this on my blog: I’ve just poured teaching stuff into it, then leave it for http://www.sqip.pbwiki.com where my 10 years old students and myself have had a great time, just for the sake of experiencing an on-line page, but without any previous project or guidelines. That’s how they got ready to “attack” Moodle.

7. Other reasons: obscurity, strangeness

If someone’s writing seems warm, inviting, authentic and transparent, then I want to join the conversation.

This is easier when engaging conversation with my kids. I’m afraid I can get too obscure when speaking to my peers; perhaps that’s why I had never though about blogging with and for adults; now that I have experienced the feeling of belonging to a warm and authentic community I would like to give it a chance.

I also feel strongly that I must take the time to look for my Portuguese colleagues on the web and try to share in my own language. It’s easier to post and to comment when “hiding” behind the veil of a foreign language; but it also helps to get acquainted with the fact that if we are exposing ourselves  to others, we are doing it  in a peaceful and gracious purpose. As it is in comment08.