9th Day

Actually, it’s the eleventh day of Comment Challenge, but I must accept my limits; School annual Festival lasted 2 and a half days – it was a great time. No more rehearsals nor preparations after classes, but tests are still waiting to be corrected. I keep following the conversations late in the evening, but I feel unable to “pull my mind together” and write a post.

The ninth day activity was somehow surprising to me: we were questioning the usefulness of the act of commenting itself, up to the point of eventually giving up commenting.

There seems not to be a final solution to this question, as too many factors are at stake, but I surely agree with the idea of combining both ways of building community and generating conversations:

1. Commenting directly on someone other’s post – mainly when the subject is too different from the one being “worked” on our own posts, at the time, or when the post doesn’t justify a long answer.

2. Responding to an inspiring post in our own Blog, writing a post of our own and linking it to the other Blog post through “track backs”, thus generating cross conversations.

I think co comment and Google reader may be useful to follow long lasting conversations through several different Blogs.